Chamber E-news for February 2021
Soup-er Sweets Beautification Benefit Fundraiser, Saturday, February 6th. The Soup-er lunch will be served from 11 am – 1 pm and will be a drive-by event. You will receive a soup of your choice, a side, a drink, and a dessert for $ 5.00. All proceeds go towards the beautification/mural project for the Towne Center. Soups to choose from are: Stuffed Pepper Soup, Tomato Basil, 15 Bean Soup, Vegetable Beef, and Thai Chili. The baked items will be posted on the Fairfield Bay Chamber Facebook page and will be for auction from January 29th until 5 pm on Friday, February 5th. Plenty of sweet treats to bid on. Items won in the auction can be picked up at the Chamber/Visitor Center during this event on the 6th.
Locally Owned Business cash mobs (LOB MOB) February 19th at 3:00 pm. Check your email for the “surprise” location or call the Chamber, 501-884-3324. LOB MOB’S are cash mobs where participants agree to spend at least $10.00 at the chosen location. Associate members will receive recognition at the Chamber Gala scheduled for April of 2021 for their participation in these mob events. To become an Associate member go to the Chamber website https://www.ffbchamber.com/become-a-member/associate-member-application/ to sign up.
ATTENTION ALL VISITORS AND GUESTS! Shop locally for a chance to win a $50.00 cash prize! That’s right; we want to thank you for supporting our Chamber Members. How can you win? Shop, dine or use a service from one of the businesses listed on our website, take a photo of your receipt with the name of the business and date then text your receipt with your name to 501-253-4716. You will be entered into a monthly drawing for $50! One entry per receipt. Winners will be contacted by text and your cash prize will be mailed to you at the end of each month. This offer is good for Visitors and Guests only! Thank you for choosing Fairfield Bay is your destination for your vacation! For a list of our members please visit our website, https://www.ffbchamber.com/.
ATTENTION ALL RESIDENTS! BINGO! BINGO! BINGO! BINGO! Our Membership drive has begun and we have a new, fun, and innovative way for residents to support the Chamber and our businesses. It’s a Chamber Bingo card. This game is for residents only. Cards can be picked up at the Chamber office, 365 Dave Creek Parkway, during our regular business hours. (I have also left some in the lobby area that is open 24/7). Once you have bingo on your card, attach the “proof” required and return your card to the Chamber for verification and a chance to win $50! We will draw one winner at the end of the month for the months of January, February, March, April, and we’ve extended the game until May of 2021. Each card will have instructions attached so that we can verify that you have completed that block on your card. If the bingo is good then your name will be put into the drawing. You must submit proof that you visited, shopped, dined, etc. at one of our member’s businesses. To verify that the business you visited is a Chamber Member please visit our website ffbchamber.com and check our membership directory. Thank you in advance for playing and for supporting the Chamber and our business community. We need our businesses, they need us, please join me in showing them support and appreciation for all that they bring to our community.
Chamber Membership Drive (Deadline February 28th to be included in our annual Yearbook that will be available at the Re Prom Gala in April)
During the months of January – February the Chamber of Commerce launches their 2021 membership drive. Why should you be a Chamber member? These are certainly challenging times and I’ll bet you could use a helping hand. The chamber is like having your own personal cheering squad. We are here to give referrals, promote your business through all venues that are available to us, we also keep you informed as to any pertinent information that we receive through the state that will in some way affect your business. It’s a new day here in the bay with new opportunities for you to network and grow your business and we’re here to help.
Your Membership includes:
• Your company listing on the Chamber’s Website, www.ffbchamber.com with a link to your website.
• The Chamber has a QR (Quick Response) code that is available to residents, visitors, and guests. Just scan the QR code with the camera on your phone and you will be directed to our website. This QR code is posted at the Cobblestone Hotel and Wyndham resorts as well as at businesses in the bay and surrounding areas. This code is scanned by hundreds of visitors and guests and is a great tool to help promote your business.
• We put your advertising information in Welcome and visitor Bags, cards, give-a-ways, and coupons. We go through hundreds of these a month during our “tourist” season so be warned that we will be calling you when your supplies get low.
• An invitation to attend our Chamber’s Business After Hours to network with other local businesses.
• An invitation to attend our annual Chamber Banquet titled as our Re Prom Gala event. We’ve gotten away from this and are bringing the banquet back in April of 2021as a way of recognizing and showing appreciation to businesses and individuals in our community. Your business will be listed in our annual Yearbook for this event and as a member, you could receive a plaque or certificate if you are one of our winners to be recognized at the event.
• We have your Company Information at the Fairfield Bay Visitors center, the same location as the Chamber, where hundreds of people come looking for information about the Bay.
• An invitation to participate in four-yearly Chamber Events. These events are business based and a great way to let people know that you are community-minded, that you support the Chamber, and that you are open for business!
• LOB MOB Surprise Visits. Our Associate Membership agrees to buy local and support your business at each random visit throughout the year. Each participant agrees to spend a minimum of $10 at your location during their visit.
• Free Web Presence Assistance with your Facebook and Google Business accounts. Call the Chamber office to set up your appointment.
• Free listing on our Community Events Calendars where we promote events for your business or organization.
• A Monthly Chamber Newsletter will be emailed to you.
• You have the opportunity to be interviewed for the newspaper as our Business of the Week (BOW). This is submitted to three local newspapers and promoted on our social media sites.
• The chamber has a cash prize incentive for visitors and guests only.
We want to thank our Visitors and Guests for choosing Fairfield Bay as their vacation destination. So when they shop, dine, or use a service from one of our businesses all they have to do is scan their receipt and text it to my cell phone. Their name will be entered into a drawing that we do on the last day of the month for a $50 cash prize. The only catch is that they have to be a chamber member. We share the QR code with them so that they can look up our members in the directory.
• As a member you may also request a ribbon-cutting event. We will come to help you celebrate the opening of a new business or an anniversary for your business.
• As your Chamber Director, I am constantly looking for more innovative ways to help promote your business so stay tuned you never know what I might come up with and I am always open to suggestions.
For your convenience, you can sign up or renew your membership online at https://www.ffbchamber.com/become-a-member/business-member-application/.