Each year the Arkansas Dairy Industry sponsors this contest for youngsters to promote dairy products. MaKayla qualified for the state contest by winning the Party Idea Category in our county contest. Only four winning recipes, from throughout the state, were selected to compete in the state cook off .
MaKayla is a senior at South Side High School and loves to cook. She is the daughter of William and Misti Mosley of Damascus.
Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes
Yield: 12 regular cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes
(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (Frank’s is the brand I like)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken 24 wonton wrappers (see Note)
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin very lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, Ranch dressing, wing sauce and 3/4 cheddar cheese (save remaining 1/4 cup for topping). You can soften the mixture slightly in the microwave, if needed, to make it come together. Stir in shredded chicken.
3. Start layering your cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Spoon about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture. Top with another wonton wrapper and add another tablespoon of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and a little blue cheese.
4. Bake for 18 minutes or until edges are brown. Check cupcakes after 10 minutes into cooking and if edges are browned cover the cupcakes with foil for the remaining cooking time. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each cupcake out.
5. For mini cupcakes: Cut each wonton wrapper into 4 squares. Layer wonton, about 1 teaspoon of filling, wonton, then another teaspoon of filling. Top with shredded cheese and blue cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove from pan.