Take one-part Zydeco, a pinch of Creole, and a whole mess of fun and laughter, and you’ll end up with the best party on the lake! Come join Fairfield Bay Marina, Lacey’s Marina, and the Krewe of Jesters as we celebrate Boati Gras, an explosion of color and good times on the water. #letthegoodtimesroll
“We like to kick the summer off right – and Boati Gras is just the way to go,” says John Conry, Fairfield Bay Marina Manager. “We’re all one big Krewe here, and this year we’re excited to show off our newly renovated dock and floating stage – starring The Intruders! It will no doubt be the best year yet!!”
“Fun Time” Schedule #FFBBoatiGras
1:30-2pm – Gatheringat the dock (Fairfield Bay Marina)
2pm – Fun, Fol-de-Rol & Fleet regaliawith the Town Crier and the 2018 King of Krewe Jesters and his loyal subjects
- The Royal Personage entertains the loyal subjects
- Introduction of His Royal Highness and Court
- A few words of Wit & Wisdom from His Royal Jesterness
- His Most High Jesterness leads the crowd in a line-dance
- The Town Crier tells us all what’s really going on (because only he really knows)
- The Blessing of the Fleet
- The Cleansing of the Fleet
- Kleenex and kazoos are other merrymakers are given out the King parades his subjects to The Boats!
3pm – On with the Parade!
- The Boati Gras Boat Parade – a Boat Parade to include Marinas from Fairfield Bay, Lacey’s and Eden Isle (with all Greers Ferry Lake Marinas welcome) – begins where beads, rubber ducks and candy come ashore. Merriment ensues!
- Red Beans and Rice and Mardi Gras Fare – not to be missed –by the Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Men’s club.
- Awards of all types – fit for any King (or Queen). 3 categories: best spirit, most creative & best overall. The traveling Boati Gras trophy goes to the marina with the boat winning best overall
Let the music roll –
- 4-6pm – Festival Boati Gras music to dance the night away by The Intruders!
For more information, or to gather your own Krewe and boat, contact the Fairfield Bay Marina at 501-884-6030. It’s all good clean fun on the lake, and it’s free to participate. Start your own Krewe and be a king (or Queen) yourself. It’s good to be King
Check out our Facebook page!! Laissez les bons temps rouler