Dan Feuer Editor The Community Cub Board of Directors held their regular open board meeting on Tuesday, September 27 in the Fireside room. The minutes and financials were approved as presented. The department heads gave their managers report board members gave their cmmitte reports.
In the new business session of the meeting the board approved a $14K Capital expenditure for the Little Red. The money is being used for renovations and much needed supplies for the restaurant. The board also approved a $37,825 capital expenditure for the Golf Course. The money will be used to replace 3,980 linear feet of asphalt with concrete on the cart paths at holes 6,7 & 9.
In other business news:
• Mayor Wellenberger said the closing date for the Hotel is set for October 9, 2017.
• Commercial appraisal is still required before the closing.
• The hotel will have 63 rooms.
• With the anticipated success of the UTV/ATV trails, parking is an issue and must be addressed.
• Fairfield Bay now has an Uber service. Download the Uber app to find a driver.
• GM, Nickles stated that with the new checkin system at the Cool Pool facility, tracking visitors has resulted in showing 16K coming through the facility for the 2017 season.