“We have so much to be thankful for here at Fairfield Bay. The accomplishments we attain are because this community really comes together and works as one. Congratulations on the fantastic accomplishments of 2015 and all the great things to come in 2016. It’s going to be another banner year.”
Growth & Expansion
• NEW COOL POOL CAFE opened to rave reviews only 6 months after a fire that destroyed the BayView Racquet Club.
• NEW VETERAN’S FISHING BARGE – Dedicated in honor of our veterans and built through the volunteer efforts of the city, the barge seats 64 and is available for rent at the Fairfield Bay Marina.
• NEW EXERCISE EQUIPMENT installed on the Rambling Cove Trail.
• FAIRFIELD LANES – Remodeled and reopened
• 2 NEW FESTIVALS – BayFest and Paddle Battle (both in September)
• FIRST DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT – Disc golfers from across the country came to Woodland Mead Park to participate.
• 29 MILES OF RESURFACED ROADS
Awards & Accolades
• Arkansas City of Distinction – Green
Initiative (Recycle Center)
• Finalist for the AP&Tourism “Henry Award” in Tourism Excellence
• Safest City in Arkansas
• 2nd Best Weekend Getaway in the state
• Happiest City in Arkansas
• Project of the Year – Master Gardeners’
Recycle Education Center project
• One of Arkansas’ Volunteer Cities-of-the-Year
2016 Looking Forward
• Attract a hotel developer
• Begin construction of new spec homes
Recreation & Events
• Celebrate The Bay’s 50th Anniversary
• Add 24 additional boat slips at the Fairfield Bay Marina
• Install new automatic electronic door at the conference center (grant money)
• Upgrade Rambling Cove Trail to include new Playground, Basketball Court, Picnic Pavilion with accessible parking and walkways (grant money)
• Add 3 new Pumper Trucks for FFB Fire Department
• NEW 3D Archery Shoot