Alzheimer Fundraiser a Success

The Alzheimer Fundraiser, held at the home of Goerge and Maude Huber in Fairfield Bay, was a great success. This was a joint effort between St. Francis of Assisi Church and Peace Lutheran, netting $750. Many thanks to all the people that came out, donated, and enjoyed the Garden Railroad.

Paul Wellenberger Resigns As GM of the Community Club

After lots and lots of soul searching, I have come to the conclusion that this is the right time for me to resign from the General Manager’s position. When I became Mayor, I made a point to go to John Spies office every week and discuss what we were doing and I made a point […]

Obituary: Henrietta Tomlin Radford

Henrietta Tomlin Radford, 87, of Fairfield Bay, Arkansas passed away Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at her home. Born May 25, 1929 to the late Harry and Phebe Tomlin in Pleasant Plains, Illinois, Henrietta spent her career as a legal secretary. After retirement, Henrietta enjoyed antique collecting, playing bridge, sewing, jewelry making and was an avid […]

Obituary: Bradford Larry Barnes

Bradford Larry Barnes, 85, of Shirley was born on September 18, 1930 in Bellingham, Washington to the late Grant and Ruth (Giffin) Barnes and passed from this life on May 29, 2016 in Clinton. He was a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne, an engineer with the Timex Corporation and owned his own business for many […]

Obituary: Berniece Diehl

Memorial Services for Berniece Diehl, 96, Wisner, long time resident of Fairfield Bay were Saturday, April 16, 2016 at the First Presbyterian Church in Norfolk, NE. Reverend Brian Johnson officiated. Internment was at the Greenwood Cemetery in York, Nebraska. She passed away Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at the Wisner Care Center in Wisner, where she […]

Ronald Radford, Flamenco Guitarist, Coming to Fairfield Bay

“He has duende, the Spanish equivalent of soul!” says a fan in Madrid, and he is the only person to be awarded a Fulbright scholarship to Spain to study Flamenco guitar. Born in California, Mr. Radford grew up in Oklahoma and now lives in St. Louis, Missouri, from where he continues his career as one […]

FFB News to Publicize Board Meetings

During the regularly scheduled Open Board of Directors meeting on May 24, it was discussed and approved that to give the Club more transparency, the Fairfield Bay News will start publishing the results of each meeting in a brief synopsis and hit the key points. This will include highlights of the department manager’s reports as […]

Party in the Park

You’re invited to attend a “celebrate summer” party in the Clinton City Park hosted by the North Central Baptist Association on Saturday, June 11 from 1 – 5 p.m. There will be something exciting for all ages! Bring your lawn chair and relax while the kids enjoy the Bounce Houses and games, softball and basketball […]

New Craft Shop in the Mall

Fairfield Bay is the new home of ‘CRAFTERS Social House @ Lost Creek,’ a new craft and art shop located in the Mall facing Lost Creek and the Conference Center. The official opening date is scheduled for June 1, days and hours to be announced at a later time. This unique place is more than […]

2016/17 Board Candidate Resumes

Dave Foster…Phyllis and I built our home in Fairfield Bay in 2002 and moved here full time in 2004. We often remark to visitors that living here is like living in a park, one filled with good friends and neighbors. We have enjoyed time on the lake, the golf course, and volunteering. I have volunteered […]