Tingle And Lepp Spin Their Tales At StoryFest

Bil Lepp 1

Two nationally known storytellers will be the featured entertainment on October 11 at STORYFEST ’14, a part of Fairfield Bay’s OktoberFest. The event will be held at the Fairfield Bay Conference and Visitors Center. Tim Tingle is an Oklahoma Choctaw whose great-great grandfather walked the Trail of Tears in 1835. Tim was enamored with the […]

Signature Events Highlighting FFB Thru-out the Year

FFB Diamond

One element of our marketing plan to introduce (or re-introduce) regional friends to FFB was the creation of Signature Events that would attract guests as well as locals to enjoy all the Bay has to offer. It began a couple of years ago with Bloomin’ in the Bay and Surf the Bay and has now […]

Food For Kids Food Pantry

food_pantry2

We at the Shirley Alternative Learning Center (SALC) have been running the Food for Kids food pantry at Shirley High School for many years. This year we would like to reach as many families as possible. However, our food supply has been running drastically low as of late. So far, this school year we have […]

Red Cross Blood Drive

Blood Drive

Fairfield Bay is sponsoring the American Red Cross Blood Drive in our community on Tuesday, October 14 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church Fellowship Hall. The church address is 250 Woodlawn Drive. If you wish to schedule an appointment in advance, please go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter […]

Go Pink for October

Pink Ribbon

Everyone knows someone who has been affected by the “C” word, and sometimes the stories can be devastating. According to the American Cancer Society, about one in eight women in the United States – slightly more than 12% – will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of their lifetime. October 1, marked the official […]

Happenings in the Bay

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Chuck Willard And Ice Cream What does Chuck Willard and Ice Cream have in Common? I’m Chuck Willard, the Justice of the Peace, representing our city in Van Buren County and I would like to invite the Fairfield Bay community to a “Meet and Greet: fund raiser on Monday, October 13 at the Fairfield Bay […]

Fairfield Bay Conference Center News

What’s Happening at the Conference Center Oktoberfest and Storyfest October 10 & 11. This week it is all about Oktoberfest. Everyone at the Conference Center is focused on the details to make this first annual Oktoberfest a fun and entertaining experience for everyone. We are expecting over 40 craft and art booths with a wide […]

Wisconsin Party A Success

20141002_174808

A fun time was had by all at the Wisconsin Party which was held on October 2. Each person identified where they lived in Wisconsin on a map. Most from the Milwaukee area!!! The weather held out and we had sunshine and plenty of fantastic food and fellowship. After the party we headed out to […]

Travels with Thom by Scout Dillon

Scout Field

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles…oh yeah. Pete Townsend Pete Townsend must have visited Wyoming or Montana or both before he wrote those lyrics. Out here, you truly can see for miles. My master and I are spending a couple weeks out here west of Cheyenne. We are […]

VBC Literacy Council Seeks Your Help

Fall is a very busy time for the Van Buren County Literacy Council. New adult students are starting the fall semester, and are excited about improving their reading skills with a private tutor. Many people don’t know that the Literacy Council is not the same as Adult Education and GED classes. The Literacy Council is […]