Xi Gamma Kappa Sorority News

XGK_2014 Nov _Festival of Trees

The Xi Gamma Kappa Sorority met at Lea Berry’s home on November 5 for their monthly business meeting. Karen Gehl co-hosted and made a wonderful dessert with hot tea that she brought home from from her recent trip to England. It was decided during the meeting to decorate a Christmas tree for the Chamber of […]

Christmas Fund Raiser At The FFB Library

There’s still time to take a chance on the Christmas quilt at the Fairfield Bay Library. For a donation of $1 for one ticket, or $5 for six tickets. Tickets are available at the library. Sales are a fundraiser for the library. Fairfield Bay Library has Christmas ornaments for $10 each, they are red with […]

Fairfield Bay Conference Center

Tree

What’s Happening at the Conference Center 501-884-4202 December 1- 13 Chamber of Commerce – Festival of Trees The trees are in and the lights are all on. The Festival of Trees opened on Monday December 1. All of the beautiful trees are lighted and trimmed with the many colors of Christmas. If you have not […]

“Toast Of The Town” New Years Eve Party

family-friendly-new-year-party-2015-97

Save The Date! “Toast of the Town” New Year’s Eve Party will be held at the Fairfield Bay Conference Center beginning at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $35 per person and includes: -Heavy Hors d’oeuvres -Champagne Toast at Midnight -Brenda & Ellis playing for your dancing and listening pleasure Tickets must be purchased in advance […]

A Madrigal Feaste

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

One of the most special of events typically performed at this time of the year is A MADRIGAL FEASTE! Madrigal dinners are often held by schools and church groups around the Christmas season, and are organized around a medieval or Elizabethan theme~with performers dressed in period costumes~during which a medieval-type feast is featured. This December […]

2014 December Pet of the Month

Luxon_JoJo&Gigi

Owners: Larry & Sharon Luxon Names: Gigi & Jojo Ages: 9 & 10 They are Yorkshire Terriers. The little one is female and her name is Gigi. She is nine years old. The bigger one is male and his name is Jojo. He is ten years old. They are wonderful dogs with big personalities. They do […]

Travels with Thom

IMG_1220

by Thom Dillon “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” Sylvia Plath You know what? This traveling all over the country can become tiring. I am in week 11 of this trek and I feel weary every […]

Obituaries: McClary, Paar and Staton

Jim McClary

Jimmy E. (Jim) McClary Jimmy E. (Jim) McClary was 76 years young and a resident of Fairfield Bay, AR. He passed away on November 30, 2014 at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock, AR. He was born on September 27, 1938 in Sarepta, Louisiana. His parents, W. D. and Ethel Mae McClary and older sister, Faye […]

Web Exclusive: Fairfield Bay December Events

dec-tv

There’s something always happening at beautiful Fairfield Bay and in the month of December, you better hold on to your hats, as theres a whirlwind and flurry of exciting events all around The Bay to join in. Click on the link to find out more: http://somedaystartstoday.tv/cms/festival/  

Web Exclusive: Fitness Tip of the Month

smart_exercise_swaps_1799

Smart Exercise Swaps Are You Wasting Time In The Gym? Submitted by Shannon Clark, As you go about your workout sessions, one thing that you must make sure you’re doing is maximizing your time in the gym. Sadly though, many people are still spending far too much time performing exercises that simply are not going […]