AARP Driver Safety At Ed Center

aarp_drive

Register for the AARP Driver Safety Program offered by the Fairfield Bay Community Education Center. The class will be held on Monday, September 22, 2014 from 1 to 5 p.m. Cost for the class is $15 for AARP members (bring your membership card) and $20 for non-members. The $25 Annual Administration Fee will be waived […]

Congressional Candidate French Hill To Visit the Bay

FRENCH HILL Barbour Pic

J. French Hill, Republican-nominee for the seat being vacated by 2nd District Congressman, Tim Griffin, will visit Fairfield Bay on August 11. Hill, an Arkansas businessman, will drop in on the “General Public Ice Cream Social” being sponsored by the Van Buren County Republican Committee. The mixer will be held at the Fairfield Bay Conference […]

Fairgrounds-300x225

It’s time to sign up for the Van Buren County Fair Pageants and Youth Talent Contest. For pageant information and schedules go to the website, www.vanburencountyfair.org, or call Corrine Weatherly at 501-745-8100 or Dana Huyck at 501-745-4805 to sign up or for more information. The pageants are Saturday, September 6, at the Van Buren County […]

Fairfield Bay Conference & Visitors Center

What’s Happening at the Conference Center Hallelujah Girls The final performances are Thursday, August 7 and Friday, August 8. All performances will be at 7 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door for all performances. Tickets are $15 and are on sale at the Conference Center or by calling 884-4202. Coming August 9 The Witness […]

Veterans To Be Honored At Van Buren County Fair

th

The Van Buren County Fair Association will have a Veterans & Military Appreciation program on September 13 at 11:30 a.m. at the fairgrounds, located on Highway 16 East, Clinton. Each veteran and military person will be recognized. Families and friends are invited to attend the program. An all American hotdog lunch will be served immediately […]

FFB Senior Center August Menu

senior-meal

Wed. 8/6: Country Fried Steak & Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, 5-Way Blend Vegetables, Sherbet Thurs. 8/7: Baked Fish Sandwich, Zucchini, Baked Potato, Creamy Strawberry Pie Fri. 8/8: Submarine Sandwich w/Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Macaroni Salad, Peaches, Cookie Tues. 8/12: Pasta w/Meat Sauce, Italian Vegetables Blend, Green Salad, Pineapples Wed. 8/13: Breaded Pork Cutlet, Carrots, Steamed Cabbage, Zippy […]

2014 Pet Calendar August Pet of the Month

Simpson Scruffy

Owner: Cathy Simpson Name: Scruffy Age: 2 Hi my name is Scruffy, I rescued my family last year. I found my new Mom in a drug store parking lot and when she opened her car door I jumped in. I am a two year old boy Lhasa Apso/Terrier that has finally found a home of […]

Web Exclusive: Recreation

Disc_golf_4bff8f6cee6f5

NEW Disc Golf – one of the fastest growing sports in the US Professionally-Designed Course in Beautiful Woodland Mead Park Did you hear? Just beyond the Woodland’s Miniature Golf Course, features one of the fastest growing sports in the United States – Disc Golf! This incredible new course joins about 2500 other Disc Golf courses […]

Web Exclusive – Drink of the Month

Fuzzy Navel

Drink of Month – Fuzzy Navel Fresh and fresher! The Fuzzy Navel is a classic, relaxing summer drink to sip on your deck to take to your summer ending picnic. Ingredients: •1 oz Vodka •1 oz peach schnapps •Top with orange juice •Swirl together Garnish with orange slice. Preparation: Combine vodka, schnapps and orange juice […]

Web Exclusive: Sightseeing on the Lake

boatingSafety

Web Exclusive: Sightseeing on the Lake Summer is coming to an end and everyone is getting ready for cooler temperatures to set in. Boating is one of the many things that can still be enjoyed this time of year. Sightseeing on the lake can be a breath-taking experience during the fall as many of the […]