Fairfield Bay Animal Shelter Paws Report

Shelter Collage

This is an exciting time at the Fairfield Bay Animal Shelter. Of course you know we have a new manager, Drea, who has been doing a fantastic job with the animals and keeping up the shelter. The office has been repainted and rearranged, thanks to the great volunteer work of Marilyn Robertson. Be sure to […]

Telluride by Thom Dillon

IMG_0943

When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart. Dan May It has been almost three weeks since I lost Scout. That was in Cheyenne. I am now in Telluride, Colorado. I have tried to follow Dan May’s advice and pack a light heart as I wind my way around Colorado. When I climb […]

Fairfield Bay HIPPE Recycling Center Wins Statewide Recycling Award

FFB Recycle Award

Pictured left to right are: Ron Milligan, Paul Wellenberger, Linda Pratt, Bobby Fanning, Patsy Weidanz, Jaime Lewis, Annalee Culp, John Edmiston and Betty Edmiston The Arkansas Recycling Coalition (ARC) held its annual awards presentation at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks Convention Center, Eureka Springs, AR, on September 30. The presentation took place during […]

FFB Baptist Announces New Associate Pastor For Music And Outreach

Gary Powell

Gary Powell, a native of Arkansas, graduated from Ouachita Baptist University (1988) with a Bachelor of Music degree in Church Music. In 1991, he received his Master of Arts degree in Religion & Education from Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary in Memphis, TN. Gary and his wife, Norma, a Michigan native, married in the same year. […]

“A Celebration Of Writers and Artists” – Fall 2014

Creative-Communication_Logo

Join us for another year of a Celebration of Writers and Artists. Creative Communication is pleased to announce our Fall 2014 Essay, Poetry and Art contests. Thousands in prizes and awards will be awarded to students and schools in your area. The Essay contest divisions are: Grades 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12, with 10 top winners […]

Sundaes on Saturday with Edward Jones!!

Ice Social Collage

Friends and clients of Kevin Feeler, Financial Advisor with Edward Jones in Fairfield Bay, joined in celebrating Kevin’s 10 year anniversary with Edward Jones. This is the 27th annual “Sundaes on Saturday” ice cream social Edward Jones has sponsored in Fairfield Bay. Glen Dennis started the tradition in 1986. Branch Office Administrator, Sharon Snow, has […]

Bay View Site Status

FFB Diamond

No funds have been provided by the insurance company as of this writing. Site investigation by the various required agencies continue and the site remains closed until our insurance carrier releases for cleanup. Cleanup will begin immediately after the site is released. In addition to the policy on the building itself, our coverage provides for […]

Antique Quilt Display At Kirk Holiday Bazaar

Vintage, heirloom, antique, or by any word that describes the quilts of yesteryear, they always intrigue us. Quilts that were made long ago will be displayed at the Kirk Holiday Bazaar on November 1, at 250 Dave Creek Parkway. The Holiday Bazaar features a beautiful collection of handmade crafts, jewelry, bake sale, and original art […]

Food For Life Donation

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Rev. Arthur Baisch, Pastor of Faith Lutheran Church, Fairfield Bay, and Mrs. Karen Ammermann, Chair of the North Central Arkansas Chapter of Thrivent Financial, a fraternal benefit society, are shown presenting a check for $810 to Mr. Scott Spencer, CEO of VanBuren County Foods for Life Inc. of Clinton. Mr. Spencer noted that this […]

Knights of Columbus Fall Dance

KC Dance - Jack's Group

Dust off your dancing shoes as it’s time once again for the Knights of Columbus Annual Fall Dance! With live music from the Sugar Loaf Band, dancing, refreshments, snacks and mixers (and hopefully everyone in costume), this Adults Only event is sure to be the party of the year! The donation is just $15 per […]