Eating & Living Healthy…Naturally

Aliza Pic

Are you ready to come out of the hibernation of winter and spring forth into the new you? Are you tired of feeling under-par, tired and dragging, and not knowing why? Not knowing where your food comes from, what kind of pesticides have been used on it or even whether it has grown from (GM) […]

21st Annual Fairfield Bay Easter Egg Hunt Schedule

easter_egg_hunt_bunny

Saturday April 12, 2014 4 – 6 p.m. Woodland Mead Park Schedule of Activities: 4 – 5 p.m. Free pictures with the Easter Bunny (bring your camera) 4 p.m.– Free rides on the Fairfield Bay Fire Truck 5- 5:30 p.m. Inaugural Easter Bonnet Parade and Contest 5:30 Egg Hunt ages 0 – 3 5:40 Egg Hunt […]

Want To Quit Smoking?

quit-smoking-support

The Senior Center in Fairfield Bay is offering a free No-Smoking Class conducted by a Registered Nurse.  If you are interested in signing up, call Bettye at 884-7800. The actual date and time of the class will be published after several have registered.  We will start the class for as few as two or three […]

Ace and Thomascena, A Short Story You Will Never Forget

ace

by Bill Neel In 1999 a wild cat came to my home. She would not let me get close to her. I thought it might be good for her to be here to keep the mice away. I live at the bottom of a mountain in the Edgemont, Arkansas area. Maybe one car every two […]

Ozark Health News

Ozark

T.H.U.G.s Kick Butts On March 24, the Clinton High School T.H.U.G.s (Teens Having United Goals) teamed up with the Van Buren County Tobacco Prevention Coordinator, Tracie Stobaugh, for Kick Butts Day. The group picked up cigarette butts at the Main Street Park in downtown Clinton. Their collection filled 3 quart jars in only 15 minutes! […]

SALE SALE SALE

Yard Sale

You keep the profit from your items when you rent a table at the Fairfield Bay Senior Center on Saturday, April 26 from 9 a.m to 2 p.m.  The cost is $10 for a small table and $15 for the large size,  Call Bettye at 884-7800 any Tuesday through Friday to reserve your space.

On Patrol February 2014

Patrol Car

March 31 was the last day for long time Fairfield Bay officer Lenny Ashlock, who retired. He told me his retirement plans include fishing and doing a lot of nothing. We wish him the best in his retirement. New officer, Donald Crispell, will be taking his place in early April. Officer Crispell comes to us […]

Fairfield Bay Seeking Volunteers

Volunteer Firefighter

The Fairfield Bay Fire Department would like to recruit new blood on their squad. If you have a desire to be a volunteer firefighter and become part of a great group of men and women, call 884.6006. The average age of the squad is 70 and they are looking for some younger personnel. With more […]

Fishing Report by Slo Poke

Bud Lady Fishing

Whites are still being caught up the rivers along with a few crappies.Bud Lady Fishing has done well on whites during the last week.Bass are waking up with the rising water temps,57 degrees on Wednesday. A few walleyes were caught in the lake last week,so they are out or coming out of the rivers. This […]

National Volunteer Week April 6-13

Auxilian Carl Wylie jokes with Christine Castellini who sports a new pink Prayer Shawl which was made and donated to Ozark Health by a group of volunteers in Fairfield Bay.  A group of volunteers in Fairfield Bay make hairpieces, headbands, and prayer shawls and donate them to Ozark Health for patients of clinics like Dr. Patel's.

National Volunteer Week is April 6-13 and in light of that fact, it would be good to recognize the volunteers who make an impact in our community. There are many volunteers working in Van Buren County who deserve our recognition and gratitude, not just during this week but on a regular basis, due to their […]