Lucky Ducky Regatta Winners

Saturday, June 4, turned out to be a sunshiny but rainy day, with a moderate crowd, for Shirley Public School Foundation’s twenty-second Annual Lucky Ducky Regatta. Due to the abundance of rain recently, the current was flowing too swiftly, so the ducks were drawn from a child’s swimming pool in front of the Shirley Centennial […]

Obituary: Frederick Ulys Scott

Frederick Ulys Scott, of Clinton, Arkansas, was called home to be with the Lord June 19, 2016. Fred was born June 18, 1925, to Thomas and Mae Scott. He was preceded in death by his son, Michael and his brother Joseph. His loving sister resides in Riverside, California. Fred leaves behind, his loving wife of […]

Surf the Bay Event Agenda

Van Buren County Rescue Wins Big

The Van Buren County Rescue Squad team won the big fire boat trophy at the 2016 annual Fire Boat School AFBS16 held on Lake Degray. There were a total of 338 participants and instructors in this school with 34 fire boat crews from 18 counties in Arkansas and crews from Missouri and Texas. Van Buren […]

Lake Vapors Opens in Clinton

If you are serious about quitting smoking, Lake Vapors in Clinton, has an alternative that could put you on the road to a healthier you. James and Nancy Fowler have dedicated themselves to a new venture to help people. Lake Vapors offers you an opportunity to cut down on the chemicals that are normally […]

Smokey Gets New Home

Last night, as I was scrolling threw my news feed, I came across a dog who was in a shelter. If no one adopted him he could be put to sleep. This haunted me because it was one of the breeds I love. (You know I love my Pits and Heeler breeds). He was a […]

On Patrol May Report

by Chris Waring Summer is upon us and the kids are out of school. Fairfield Bay has many festivals and events coming in the next few months. Your police department is really going to be spending extra time and effort to reduce speeding and stop sign running. You will probably be seeing a large increase […]

Dog Walking

There are many dog lovers in Fairfield Bay who love to walk your dog as part of a daily routine…for you and the dog. Walking your dog can be great exercise for both of you and it can even be relaxing, but also keep in mind that hazards exist. We only have sidewalks near the […]

Volunteers Needed

Would you like to learn more about the history of our area and share it with the visitors who come to the Log Cabin, Museum and Cave? If you can volunteer one day a week, it would be so appreciated. Marilyn will train you so you’ll feel comfortable showing people items representing our heritage. It […]

Safe Room Built in Hidden

The officials in the town of Higden, proudly announced the completion of a safe room at the corner of School and Walnut Streets, which will seat 60 people. Everyone in the community is welcome to use it in the event a tornado warning isd issued by the weather service. Officials in the photo are L […]